Microsoft PowerPoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color

+7
sudouser
Haru
Lyka Janine Adap
Crystaline Lovely
cap_je
zoella
Admin
11 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://quennie20.forumotion.com

Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color Empty Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Link to a website or a file from the web

STEP 1 In Normal view, select the text, shape, or picture that you want to use as a hyperlink.

STEP 2  On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink.

STEP 3   Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page, and then click Browse the Web Button image .

STEP 4  Locate and select the page, site, or file that you want to link to, and then click OK.

Change the color of a hyperlink

STEP 1    Select the hyperlink you want to re-color.

STEP 2  On the Home tab of the ribbon, select down arrow next to the Font Color button to open the menu of colors.

STEP 3 Select the color you want for the hyperlink.
zoella
zoella
Guru

Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color Empty Re: Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Is it okay to use objects/shapes in hyperlink?
zoella
zoella
Guru

Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color Empty Re: Link to a website or a file from the web and Hyperlink Color

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:08 pm
how can I remove the underline from hyperlink text?
cap_je
cap_je

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm
Can I use objects or images as hyperlink?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:25 pm
How to determine the color for active/unvisited links?
Crystaline Lovely
Crystaline Lovely

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 pm
How can I prevent followed hyperlinks from changing color?
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 pm
zoella wrote:how can I remove the underline from hyperlink text?

1.Right-click the hyperlink text, and then click Remove Hyperlink.

2.On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes, and then under Rectangles, click Rectangle.

3.Drag to draw the rectangle so that it covers the hyperlink text that you want to hide.

4.Right-click the rectangle, and then click Format Shape.

5.In the Format Shape pane, do the following:

a.Under Fill, click No fill.

b.Under Line, click No line.

6.Click the rectangle shape (but not the text inside of the shape), and then on the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink.

7.In the Address box, type the Web address, and then click OK.

8.To test the hyperlink, at the bottom of the slide window, click Slide Show view.

9.Click the text (rectangle) that contains the hyperlink.
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Crystaline Lovely wrote:How can I prevent followed hyperlinks from changing color?

You need to change the FollowedHyperlink built-in style.

Since you want to preserve your original format and you have multiple formats, setting FollowedHyperlink to a specific color or font won't help. You need to make the built-in style respect the underlying style you applied before clicking the link.

Here's how to do that:

1.To display the styles window click Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S .
2.Click Options ... and then under Select styles to show choose All styles.
3.Scroll down a bit and you'll see the FollowedHyperlink style. Hover above it with your mouse and then click the small arrow that appears next to it.
4.Click Modify ....
5.In the Style based on dropdown list choose (underlying properties).
6.Set the font color to Automatic. The dialog box should look like the screenshot below.
7.Click OK.

Now, for reasons I haven't figured out yet, this may not work for the first click (it will become black) but if you apply your color again then the next clicks will preserve your style.
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:21 pm
Crystaline Lovely wrote:How to determine the color for active/unvisited links?

First of all, when you change any colors on your page (background, text, link, hover link, active link, visited link), then you should change them all, in case some of your page's visitors have overridden the default browser colors.

Second of all, since visited links are still links, I think that their colors should not differ much from the regular links' colors. Purple (default for visited) vs. Blue (default for links) are close together on the color triangle. As Awesh mentioned, the nature of the difference which seems intuitive to new vs. old (visited) link is a fresher color vs. duller color e.g. less bright or less saturated.

Third of all, make sure all your text colors have high enough contrast from the background. E.g. if the background is white, make all the text colors at least as dark as 50% grey and if your background is black, make all the text colors at least as bright as 50% grey, or better yet, check out the W3C guidelines or explanation in this answer.

Forth of all, if you do alter the default colors, consider offering an alternative theme, in case the theme you choose is not comfortable for some visitors
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:24 pm
cap_je wrote: Can I use objects or images as hyperlink?

Yep! Here are the steps.

1.Select the text, shape, or picture that you want to use as a hyperlink.

2.Select Insert > Hyperlink and select an option:

3.Place in This Document: Link to a specific slide in your presentation.

4.Create New Document: Link from your presentation to another presentation.

5.E-mail Address: Link a displayed email address to open up a user's email program.

6.Fill in the Text to display, ScreenTip, and where you want to link to.

7.Select OK.
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 pm
Is there a way to make the hyperlinks active in "Normal" view? Very Happy
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 pm
why does Hyperlinks Don't Work in Online PPT Presentations? Sad
Lyka Janine Adap
Guru

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm
How do I preserve hyperlinks when I export PowerPoint files as PDFs? Shocked
zoella
zoella
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:52 pm
cap_je wrote: Can I use objects or images as hyperlink?

Yes you can. First, select the image/object/shape that you want to hyperlink. Then go to Insert Tab click the link. Then choose the path you want to link to.
zoella
zoella
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:56 pm
Lyka Janine Adap wrote:Is there a way to make the hyperlinks active in "Normal" view? Very Happy

To Normal view right-click the link and select "Open Hyperlink" Laughing
Haru
Haru
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Is it possible to change the color of the hyperlink before and after it was clicked? Very Happy
Haru
Haru
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm
Ah sorry. I didn't read the previous posts. I get it now. Haha
Haru
Haru
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm
Can you use hyperlink to link to a video?
Haru
Haru
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 pm
Aside from using hyperlink to link to the web, it seems you can also use it to link to a slide on your presentation.
Haru
Haru
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:56 pm
Haru wrote:Aside from using hyperlink to link to the web, it seems you can also use it to link to a slide on your presentation.

And now I wonder if I it can link to another presentation. Is it possible to use hyperlink to link to a different presentation?
sudouser
sudouser
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:17 pm
Haru wrote:Can you use hyperlink to link to a video?

If I remember it correctly, YES you can use it to link a video.
sudouser
sudouser
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm
Haru wrote:
Haru wrote:Aside from using hyperlink to link to the web, it seems you can also use it to link to a slide on your presentation.

And now I wonder if I it can link to another presentation. Is it possible to use hyperlink to link to a different presentation?

Now this got me interested. I haven't tried doing that.
sudouser
sudouser
Guru

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm
sudouser wrote:
Haru wrote:

Now this got me interested. I haven't tried doing that.

Maybe someone might tell us if it's possible. But, I'll try this out!
rj
Guru

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 pm
Can I open another separate presentation from the hyperlink from a current presentation?
rj
Guru

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm
zoella wrote:how can I remove the underline from hyperlink text?
And can I change the color of my hyperlink?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum